ABOUT THIS CLASS:
This class is all about my landscape painting process of going out on location, grabbing as much information as I can in the short time that I'm there, then, I bring all that information back to the studio to then make more completed work from those sketches. This practice is how I'm able to stay loose and gestural with my marks. In this class I bring you along with me as we do just that - go from one location to another, taking notes and then coming back to the studio to make further work from those sketches and memories.
- This class is 8 hours long and has 26 individual videos
- I use all types of mediums: watercolor, acrylic, gouache, soft pastels, oil pastels, color pencils, inks, hard pastels and wax pastels. You don't have to have or use all those mediums - you can work in any medium.
- In this class I'll show you my simple outdoor set-up
- I share with you how I deal with trees by breaking them down into shape, color, and texture
- In this class I go to 3 different locations. One of the locations is a new location to me so I share how I deal with going to a new location and all the challenges that come with that.
- We make custom ink water brushes together
- We'll do an exercise that will help us with composition
- We do a Create & Destroy piece - this is an exercise where I create a painting and then destroy it to make a new painting.
- At the end I do a full art tour of all the work I created from visiting the 3 locations
- I also share my journey of landscape painting while showing a lot of old watercolors I did when I first started painting. And I share how this new obsession of landscape painting began.
- I'll wrap up by sharing my top tips for dealing with fears and anxieties about sketching in public when people are around.
- And of course there's all the "professionalism" that you've come to love and expect!
I hope you'll join me as I share my landscape painting process of Taking Notes In The Landscape!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
After I purchase the class when does it start?
Immediately! After purchase you can start watching the videos immediately.
How long do I have access to the class?
You have lifetime access to the class.
What skill level is the class suitable for?
This class is for anyone! There's great information in this class for beginners all the way to people who have been painting for a long time.
Do I need any supplies to start?
Nope. You don't need anything to start this class.
Do I need high speed internet for this class?
You can view this class in 240p, 360p, 540p, 720p or 1080p. Watch the (free) preview video for this class to confirm if your internet can support it.
What is the refund policy?
Once you have enrolled in the course I am unable to offer a refund.